Mary Ann Summers is a girl from Kansas, who was stranded on the island along with the six other castaways. She was played by actress Dawn Wells.
Mary Ann's personality is perky, nice, upbeat, lovable and sensitive. Throughout the series it is shown that she cooks the most often and everyone probably perfers her cooking to anyone else's, she is usually the one that does all the chores. Mary Ann is the most down to earth of all women on the island.
Season 2 Edit
Beauty Is As Beauty Does , is a special episode for all Mary Ann fans. In this episode she loses her bathing suit in the lagoon, has trouble with her "unrehearsed speech" and steps in a puddle of glue on stage, causing her high heel to get stuck, ending her bid for miss castaway.
Mary Ann has mulitiple oufits seen throughout the show, an example of one is a short orange, dress and matching high stiletto heels. Another is a blue turtleneck, jeans, shoes and a straw hat, she wears various outfits throughout the show, though. In The Second Ginger Grant, she is seen in a very sexy leopard skin outfit, and also in a very tight blue gown and matching high heels, as she performs as Ginger. Her outfits often expose her stomach.
- Mary Ann was based on Dorothy from the film The Wizard of Oz.
- It is said throughout the series that she knows a lot about gardening, coming from a farm in Kanas.
- On the island, she usually makes coconut cream pies for Gilligan, as prizes, or gifts of gratitude.
- In the early opening sequence, Mary Ann's name was not mentioned, along with the Professor's. Gilligan's actor successfully petitioned to include these two character's names in the opening sequence in a later season.
- Although she played the part of a teenager, Well was older than her fictional characther her actual age being about 26.
- Her favorite soap opera was "Old Dr Young";