|Season 1, Episode 2|
|The castaways claim a treasure chest, but they soon find out that the chest may be cursed.|
|Air Date:||September 21, 1974|
|Written By:||Bill Danch, Marc Richards and Jim Ryan|
|Directed By:||Don Towsley, Rudy Larriva, Lou Zukor and Bill Reed|
|Off Limits||Raven Mad|
Looney Moon is the 2nd episode of The New Adventures of Gilligan. It was the 2nd episode of the Second Season and aired September 21, 1974.
- Coming up
- Bob Denver as Gilligan
- Alan Hale Jr. as The Skipper
- Jim Backus as Mr. Howell
- Natalie Schafer as Mrs. Howell
- Jane Webb as Ginger
- Russell Johnson as The Professor
- Jane Webb as Mary Ann (credited as Jane Edwards)
- Although the episode borrows elements from the Season 1 episodes, The Big Gold Strike and Plant You Now, Dig You Later, it is mainly based on the Season 2 episode, Ghost a Go-Go.
- Presumably the Professor invented the crude adding machine in the Howells' hut.
- Mr. Howell references Abbott and Costello, the famous comedic duo from the 1930s to the 1950s.
- "The only thing we have to fear is...fear itself", which the Professor refers to, was spoken by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in his first inaugural address in 1933, at a time when the Great Depression was at its lowest point in the United States.
- The moral of the story: fear from superstition.
- Coming up