|Gilligan Gets Bugged|
|Season 2, Episode 13|
|Gilligan and then the rest of the castaways are bitten by bugs; will they survive the next 24 hours?|
|Written By:||Jack Gross, Jr. and Michael R. Stein|
|Directed By:||Gary Nelson|
|Don't Bug the Mosquitoes||Mine Hero|
Gilligan Gets Bugged is the 13th episode of the Second season. It aired December 16, 1965.
Gilligan and then the rest of the castaways gets bitten by a bug-do they only have 24 hours to live?
- Bob Denver as Gilligan
- Alan Hale Jr. as The Skipper
- Jim Backus as Mr. Howell
- Natalie Schafer as Mrs. Howell
- Tina Louise as Ginger
- Dawn Wells as Mary Ann
- Russell Johnson as The Professor
- At the end of the episode, the bug that bit Gilligan dies 24 hours after biting him; this epilogue to the episode is not seen in the syndicated versions of the episode.
- Gilligan, the Skipper and the Professor are the only characters seen in the first six minutes of the episode.
- The serum required against the bite of the Mantis Khani requires calcium carbonate from clam shells, cellulose sulfide from papaya root and ferric nitrate from mustard plants.
- According to the Professor, there are only seven species in the Mantis family. There are actually 2400 species across 430 genera.
- Gilligan is wearing shorts in the bathtub.
- Ginger - "Ferric Nitrate? Sounds like a good name for a cowboy star."
- Skipper - 'I'm starting to see spots before my eyes!"
Professor - "Well, no wonder... you're wearing Mrs. Howell's veil!"
- Skipper - "Isn't it amazing... here we've survived a shipwreck, hurricanes, head-hunters and now we're being done in by a little bug."
- Mr. Howell - "I've heard of joiners, but this is ridiculous!"
- Mr. Howell - "A Howell is never chicken... pheasant, perhaps, but never chicken."