|Don't Bug the Mosquitoes|
|Season 2, Episode 12|
|The musical group The Mosquitoes (Bingo, Bango, Bongo and Irving) come to the Island to get away from their fans.|
|Written By:||Brad Radnitz|
|Directed By:||Steve Binder|
|The Chain of Command||Gilligan Gets Bugged|
The rock-band, the Mosquitoes, come to the island to escape their fans. The castaways get ready to leave until they discover that the Mosquitos aren't leaving for months. They then make life so stressful for them that Bingo, the leader, annouces they're leaving tomorrow. However the next morning the castaways discover that they meant to the other side of the island. The band then annouces that they are now staying even longer. Gilligan, the Skipper, Mr. Howell, and the Professor make their own band, the Gnats, but are terrible. Ginger, Mary Ann, and Mrs. Howell make a band of their own, the Honeybees, in hope that the Mosquitos will like it. However the plan backfires, and the Mosquitos leave without them since they have enough competition.
- Bob Denver as Gilligan
- Alan Hale as The Skipper
- Jim Backus as Thurston Howell III
- Natalie Schafer as Mrs. Howell
- Tina Louise as Ginger
- Russell Johnson as The Professor
- Dawn Wells as Mary Ann
Supporting Cast/Guest StarsEdit
- The Name Mosquitoes and the music might be a parody on the 60s band "The Beatles"
- The Mosquitos, even though they only appear once, are considered recurring characters because their music appears in many of the episodes on the radio.
- The Wellingtons, who play the Mosquitos, actually play the song "The Ballad of Gilligan's Island."
- The men on Gilligan's island try to be rock musicians-but they are so bad-Mary Ann remarks that if the world is lucky they'll never be rescued!
- At the end where Gilligan gets kicked in the shin and then bonked on the head by the Skipper and Mr. Howell, the Mosquitos record album he is holding is just a hollow prop