|Don't Bug the Mosquitoes|
|Season 2, Episode 12|
|The Chain of Command||Gilligan Gets Bugged|
First aired on December 9, 1965. The musical group The Mosquitoes (Bingo, Bango, Bongo, and Irving) come to the Island to get away from their fans.
The Name Mosquitoes and the music might be a parody on the 60s band "The Beatles"
The rock-band, the Mosquitos, come to the island to escape their fans. The castaways get ready to leave until they discover that the Mosquitos aren't leaving for months. They then make life so stressful for them that Bingo, the leader, annouces they're leaving tomorrow. However the next morning the castaways discover that they meant to the other side of the island. The band then annouces that they are now staying even longer. Gilligan, the Skipper, Mr. Howell, and the Professor make their own band, the Gnats, but are terrible. Ginger, Mary Ann, and Mrs. Howell make a band of their own, the Honeybees, in hope that the Mosquitos will like it. However the plan backfires, and the Mosquitos leave without them since they have enough competition.
- Bob Denver as Gilligan
- Alan Hale as The Skipper
- Jim Backus as Thurston Howell III
- Natalie Shafer as Mrs. Howell
- Tina Louise as Ginger
- Russell Johnson as The Professor
- Dawn Wells as Mary Ann
Supporting Cast/Guest StarsEdit
- The Mosquitos, even though they only appear once, are considered recurring characters because their music appears in many of the episodes on the radio.
- The Wellingtons, who play the Mosquitos, actually play the song "The Ballad of Gilligan's Island."