|Season 2, Episode 2|
|Alf reveals himself as a fan of "Gilligan's Island" and dreams himself into the show.|
|Air Date:||September 28, 1987|
|Written By:||Scott Spencer Gordon|
|Directed By:||Nick Havinga|
|The Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan's Island||Surviving Gilligan's Island|
Somewhere Over The Rerun is the Second Episode of the Second Season of "Alf." It aired on September 28, 1987.
Watching TV, Alf becomes a big fan of "Gilligan's Island" and starts considering it paradise. So, he starts turning the Tanner's home into a shrine to the series by diverting the main water line to the backyard to create a lagoon. Willie is livid that he would do such a thing and orders him to clean the mess, but Alf actually falls asleep and has a dream where he meets Gilligan, the Skipper, the Professor and Mary Ann. However, becoming one with the Castaways is not turning out to be the fantasy he hopes for as the Castaways are now chronically depressed from being away from civilization for so long. They have become bored and tired from doing the same thing for over twenty-five years and instead turn to a makeshift TV the Professor built to pick up a TV signal to pass the time. Their favorite TV show is "The Tanners" which reminds them what regular life is all about back home. Alf starts screaming at Willie to rescue him just before he wakes up, now disenchanted by "Gilligan's Island" and more appreciative of what he has with the Tanners. Unfortunately, a few days later, Alf has latched into another TV show, turning the Tanner back yard into the Ponderosa from "Bonanza."
Main Cast/Gilligan's Island
- Bob Denver as Gilligan
- Alan Hale, Jr. as The Skipper
- Dawn Wells as Mary Ann
- Russell Johnson as The Professor
- Paul Fusco as Gordon "Alf" Schumwey
- Max Wright as William "Willie" Tanner
- Anne Schedeen as Kate Tanner
- Andrea Elson as Lynn Tanner
- Benji Gregory as Brian Tanner
- The Howells and Ginger are not seen in this episode; its explained that they went to live on the other side of the island.
- This crossover completely ignores the events of Rescue from Gilligan's Island, The Castaways on Gilligan's Island and The Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan's Island which sees the Castaways rescued, disenchanted with civilization then sharing the Island with the outside world.
- Coming up